ASAM XIL API
ASAM XIL API is a standard for communication between test automation tools and test platforms. It decouples the software from real and virtual testing systems. This simplifies the reuse of test cases in different testing environments. The standard supports testing platforms in all development and testing phases.
- Model-In-the-Loop (MIL)
- Software-In-the-Loop (SIL)
- Processor-In-the-Loop (PIL)
- Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL)
dSPACE products can be used in all phases of the development, and can act as both a XIL API server and a XIL API client. The client (AutomationDesk, ControlDesk etc.) remotely controls the server (dSPACE, SCALEXIO, dSPACE VEOS etc.).
The standard consists of five ports:
- MAPort: Model access port provides reading and writing capabilities for signals and parameters in the simulation model.
- DiagPort (currently unsupported by dSPACE): Diagnostic port reads data directly from the diagnostics functionality of the ECU.
- ECUPort (ECUMPort, ECUCPort)(currently unsupported by dSPACE): ECU measurement port provides reading access of measurable variables. ECU calibration port is used for calibration.
- EESPort: Electrical Error Simulation port provides access to a failure insertion unit. It supports several types of electrical errors, such as short circuits.
- NetworkPort (currently unsupported by dSPACE): Network port is currently used to communicate via a CAN network. Support is planned for other protocols such as FlexRay in the future.
ASAM (Association for Standardisation of Automation and Measuring Systems) was founded in 1998, and dSPACE has been an active member from the start.