Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI)
Functional Mock-Up Interface (FMI) is an open standard for enabling the usage of simulation models from different tool ecosystems together. FMI simplifies the usage of the most well-suited modeling tool for each area of development.
Integration tests are made easy, as FMI supports the joint simulation of environmental models from different tools.
dSPACE has signed the “Code of PLM Openness” and is an active participant in the following projects for further development of FMI and related standards:
- Modelica Association FMI project: Member of the management group
- ProSTEP Smart Systems Engineering project
- Modelica Association project: System Structure and Parameterization of Components for Virtual System Design
dSPACE supports FMI by providing:
- PC-based simulation platform VEOS
- Hardware-In-the-Loop simulation platform SCALEXIO
- Production code generator TargetLink